Saturday, April 5, 2014
Posted by Eric C. Schwarz at 5:15 PM
Sunday, February 2, 2014
Posted by Eric C. Schwarz at 12:14 AM
Wednesday, November 27, 2013
On Thanksgiving 2013, I’m thankful for:
- The love and support of my partner, Seth J. Bookey.
- The tools, skill and opportunities that allow Seth and me to nurture and take care of each other.
- The house that Seth and I share.
- Our health and well-being.
- The company of people who believe in me and the impact that we can have on the world.
- My network of friends and family, whether we talk often or rely on social media and email.
- Smart, friendly and supportive colleagues in my professional communities.
- The opportunities to enjoy and create art and to build communities.
- The chance to live in a diverse society where differences are appreciated and valued.
- The chance to celebrate the holidays and everyday life with a mixture of faith, humanism, and occasional outlandishness.
- A significant amount of freedom and safety that much of the world cannot take for granted.
- The opportunity to live at a time when we can joyously celebrate light and pause to give thanks, in one rare magical confluence of holidays.
I hope that I demonstrate my gratitude throughout the year.
Posted by Eric C. Schwarz at 11:48 PM
Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Posted by Eric C. Schwarz at 11:26 PM
Saturday, September 29, 2012
Architectural Personality, From the Sears Catalog, in Abundance in Somerville, NJ – With a Tangent to Atlantic City
I’m reading about some lovely Sears Modern homes from the early 20th century in Somerville, New Jersey*,
in response to a research request from a patron at Clarence Dillon Public Library. The
Milton Modern Home No. C210 (built ca. 1916-1919) is quite a charmer with its nine
rooms, built for $1,619. Read about the Miltons
in New York City and in New Jersey and Ohio, and in particular, the one at 493 East Main St., Somerville.
Sunday, July 22, 2012
If you wandered to this blog you may have noticed that I've tweeted lately, but I haven't posted to the blog itself. I'm not yet recommitting to the blog, but I have started a new site via Paper.li called The Eric The Librarian Daily, ideally pointing you to relevant news on library technology and user experience, along with more general news from The New York Times and the photojournalism of Life magazine (which has kept surviving in one form or another since 1936). The content mix will change over time as I refine it.
Also check out my favorited* Paper.li sites, including John DiGilio's The Librariana Daily, which was the first one I followed, and another brand-new site, Ian Clark's The Infoism Daily. [* Yes, "favorited" seems to be an accepted word in this sphere, as opposed to "favored" or just "favorite."]
Posted by Eric C. Schwarz at 9:55 AM
Thursday, September 8, 2011
* Special Libraries Association
Posted by Eric C. Schwarz at 10:39 PM