On Thanksgiving 2013, I’m thankful for:
- The love and support of my partner, Seth J. Bookey.
- The tools, skill and opportunities that allow Seth and me to nurture and take care of each other.
- The house that Seth and I share.
- Our health and well-being.
- The company of people who believe in me and the impact that we can have on the world.
- My network of friends and family, whether we talk often or rely on social media and email.
- Smart, friendly and supportive colleagues in my professional communities.
- The opportunities to enjoy and create art and to build communities.
- The chance to live in a diverse society where differences are appreciated and valued.
- The chance to celebrate the holidays and everyday life with a mixture of faith, humanism, and occasional outlandishness.
- A significant amount of freedom and safety that much of the world cannot take for granted.
- The opportunity to live at a time when we can joyously celebrate light and pause to give thanks, in one rare magical confluence of holidays.
I hope that I demonstrate my gratitude throughout the year.